openvortex-dev

Re: [Openvortex-dev] Aureal Advantage (8810) problem

From: Kovacs Krisztian
Subject: Re: [Openvortex-dev] Aureal Advantage (8810) problem
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 20:28:37 +0100

  Hi,

On Mon, Jan 12, 2004 at 10:07:36PM -0400, Manuel Jander wrote:
> There is are changes to come in the routing setup of the driver, once we
> integrate 3D positional audio into the stable driver branch.
> But if you want, you could try this driver snapshot:
> http://galadriel.mat.utfsm.cl/~mjander/aureal/alsa/alsa-new-23-10-2003.tgz

  Unfortunately, using this driver did not make any difference. I'm using
Linux 2.6.1-mm2, which has ALSA 1.0.1 integrated. (And I had to revert
au88x0_mixer.c to the original in 2.6.1-mm2, since the file from the above
.tar.gz did not compile. Not too serious change, however.)

  In the meantime I had found some info about using Jeff's driver logger,
maybe I will try to log a simple session of PCM playback on Windows, and
see if it gets interrupts from source 4...

--
 Kovács Krisztián (Hidden)