palito-dev

Re: [palito-dev] simulation FPS

From: barrett
Subject: Re: [palito-dev] simulation FPS
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 00:59:34 -0300

On Thu, Sep 04, 2003 at 03:55:39PM -0300, Gabriel Blum wrote:

palito uses 10 frames/sec now.
but each frame everything is calculated.
but some things may be calculated with less frequency.

for ex: position / velocity / aceleration must be calculated each frame,
but visibility / path finding / behaviour decisions may be calculated
with low frequency, say once or twice a second.

that on the server.
the client have a higher FPS (user-adjustable), and interpolate the
position of the units to make a smooth movement, overwriting the
position/velocity/other data when it receive an update package from
the server.
but that part of the code is still very imature yet.

barrett.