pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] reply Chinese group

From: Rocky S. Lee
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] reply Chinese group
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 13:27:31 +0800

On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 02:41:57PM +0800, younker wrote:
|       Hi, I use pan 0.13.0.91, and I am glad that it can read the newsgroup
which
|       have the Chinese group name, but unfortunatly, I can't reply the group
use
|       pan, because when I reply the group it change the group name to other
codec,
|       and can't be recoganized by the newsgroup.

I'll suggest again, that "what pan send should be what it got". if the
group names are encoded when get the list from server, then they should
be sent encoded too, or if plain text, no matter whether it is 8 bit
information, it should be sent as plain text.

For instance, when a man from China, A, who doesn't know English, talks
with an English speaking man, B. A speak Chinese, and B should speak
Chinese too, not English translated from Chinese.

|       Another question is it doesn't support smtp authorization, so in some
|       condition I can't send the message to the group.

I think you can use local smtp server, since you are using Linux as your
desktop. :)