pan-devel

[Pan-devel] Win32 build

From: Artur Jachacy
Subject: [Pan-devel] Win32 build
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 06:04:55 +0200

Hi,

I managed to build Pan from CVS with Gabi's patch. (Yay me!)
However, here's a couple of observations:

- In the section on gnome-common, readme.mingw says:
"* vi /opt/gnome-common/bin/autogen.sh --"
The file is gnome-autogen.sh, at least on my system. BTW, this is just for editing the file, isn't it? I don't have to use vi specifically, right?

- When I run ./autogen.sh, I get the following lines (among other things):

Please add the files codeset.m4 gettext.m4 glibc21.m4 iconv.m4 isc-posix.m4 lcmessage.m4 progtest.m4 from the /opt/gtk/share/aclocal directory to your autoconf macro directory or directly to your aclocal.m4 file. You will also need config.guess and config.sub, which you can get fromftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/config/.

I didn't do any of this. Is this important? Pan seems to work fine so far.

- The file is strangely small, 1.15 MB - Charles's last compile was 3.88 MB.

- Pan now takes a whole lot of time to run, almost a minute on Athlon 1700+ with 768 MB of RAM.

- Whenever I start Pan, there's a bunch of
(Null) - file acache.c: line 372 (get_message_id_from_file): assertion `is_nonempty_string(filename)' failed
lines in the log.

- Messages with identical subjects are now grouped together. Come on, this is like in Outlook Express!

That's all for now, thank you.