pan-devel

[Pan-devel] Re: Re: Further info - Re: Newbie: Can't find source code fo

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-devel] Re: Re: Further info - Re: Newbie: Can't find source code for 0.14.90, can't get CVS to work
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 17:46:22 -0700

Aph posted <address@hidden>, excerpted below,  on
Tue, 07 Feb 2006 15:21:14 +0100:

>> What you have now is a 0.14.90 /snapshot/.  It really should have the
>> snapshot date, in the form -cvs200ymmdd, or something similar, appended to
>> the 0.14.90
>
> I have build and distribute for french users RPMS named :
>
> pan-0.14.90-0.cvs.20050609
> pan-0.14.90-0.20050609
> pan-0.14.90-0.cvs.20050514
>
> and I have put in the changelog
>
> - Update to cvs branch.
>
> A confusion with official release is possible ?

That looks fine, here.  The only possible worry I'd have is the numbering
sequence in terms of upgrading.  When the official release comes out,
pan-0.14.90 will be seen as a later version than any of the above,
correct? (I'm a Gentoo guy tho I ran Mandrake some years ago, but don't
remember RPM upgrade precedence ordering in detail.)  Of course, if all
else fails, the epoch can be incremented, if I'm remembering things
correctly, right?