pan-devel

[Pan-devel] Win32 binary icon and more

From: GISQUET Christophe
Subject: [Pan-devel] Win32 binary icon and more
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 21:33:46 +0200

The attached tarball, also available at [1], helps producing a binary with an icon, and have various information strings embedded into the binary, e.g.:
- Version: "0.106.0.0"
- Copyright: "Copyright (C) 2002-2006  Charles Kerr <address@hidden>"
- Comments: Localization support: yes/no.
- Compilation info: "Build date: Aug 7 2006, 21:16:25 with compiler version 4.1.1"
etc (see pan/gui/panrc.rc for details)

The icon is taken from gnome.org pan CVS, and reinstated at the previous place.

Some comments about this set of changes:
- the configure.in declare an automake conditional "WIN32" affecting any makefile.am mentioning it; it is currently only used to add a compilation rule for .rc files but could also be used for instance to modify install target to build an installer - I added panrc.rc to the pangui sources, as it might be used to determine files that go into a source tarball; it could be placed in the automake conditional block instead if problematic - as much as possible, I tried to make it things automatically, but version number in .rc files must be of the shape w,x,y,z (and not a string); I haven't found a simple macro do produce it from such string as "0.106" therefore this could be instead be put in config.h by the autotools chain

[1] http://christophe.gisquet.free.fr/win32rc.tar.bz2

Best regards,
Christophe GISQUET