pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] Proposition for generating message-id

From: Miroslav Sabljic
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] Proposition for generating message-id
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 17:28:49 +0100

On 01/14/2013 05:20 PM, Heinrich Müller wrote:

The code is already there. I generate my own unique ids with a rng and
three random numbers + the date.

But you're right, I think so too.
If you want to, you could unify the two methods.
Take a look at:

|void
PostUI::  generate_unique_id  (StringView&  mid,  int  cnt,  std::string&  s)

I wasn't aware that the code already exists. Now when I look at your solution it is much better then what I had in mind. Although I would make it a little shorter. I.e insteed of address@hidden it will probably be random enough just address@hidden

P.S.: Are you in general willing to improve pan? I'm always looking for
some co-devs to ease the load ;)

Yes I'm willing to help but unfortunately I'm not very experienced with c++ programming so I'm afraid that I will not be of much help to you. I'm mostly working with administration and writing shell scripts or some python programming so I'm not very familiar with c++. If I can help you some other tasks than let me know.

--
Best regards,
  Miroslav