pan-users

[Pan-users] Pan and i18n stuff (again)

From: Charles Kerr
Subject: [Pan-users] Pan and i18n stuff (again)
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 07:08:44 -0700

On Sat, May 11, 2002 at 08:34:44AM -0400, gaw zay wrote:

> well this is always a problem but this morning it's just really bad:
> [alt.binaries.punk] look at all the missing subject lines because they
> contain accented characters!  is there anyway to force these to show
> ... anything!? They showed up slightly screwy in gtk1.2 pan but at least
> it was SOMETHING.

I just fetched all articles in there, and I don't see any in the header
pane showing up without subjects...?

> also anytime I try to read a text article it pops us the save as ... dialog
> and I have to cancel it then right click and select "Read Article" which is
> a pretty large pain in the arse.

This shouldn't be showing up for text articles.  The new logic for
mouse-or-navigation based selections in the articlelist is this:

  1. if no article is selected, do nothing.
  2. or if selection changed because an article was deleted, do nothing.
  3. or if you held down shift or ctrl while mouseclicking, do nothing.
  4. or if you clicked on a multipart with >2 parts, pop up "save as...".
  5. or if the Go menu selected a multipart with >2 parts, do nothing.
  6. or if the article is cached, display it
  7. or if we're offline, do nothing.
  8. or fetch and display the article.

So the "save as" should just be popping up if you're trying to look at a
multipart with three or more parts -- if this is broken, let me know
which articles I can duplicate the buggy behavior with.

cheers,
Charles