pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan and i18n stuff (again)

From: gaw zay
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan and i18n stuff (again)
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 13:53:22 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 11 May 2002, Charles Kerr wrote:

> > [alt.binaries.punk] look at all the missing subject lines because they
> > contain accented characters!  is there anyway to force these to show
> > ... anything!? They showed up slightly screwy in gtk1.2 pan but at least
> > it was SOMETHING.
>
> I just fetched all articles in there, and I don't see any in the header
> pane showing up without subjects...?

well shucks. I dunno. I did make install to the default location ...
could I be missing some fonts?

> > also anytime I try to read a text article it pops us the save as ... dialog
> > and I have to cancel it then right click and select "Read Article" which is
> > a pretty large pain in the arse.
>
> This shouldn't be showing up for text articles.  The new logic for
> mouse-or-navigation based selections in the articlelist is this:
>
>   1. if no article is selected, do nothing.
>   2. or if selection changed because an article was deleted, do nothing.
>   3. or if you held down shift or ctrl while mouseclicking, do nothing.
>   4. or if you clicked on a multipart with >2 parts, pop up "save as...".
>   5. or if the Go menu selected a multipart with >2 parts, do nothing.
>   6. or if the article is cached, display it
>   7. or if we're offline, do nothing.
>   8. or fetch and display the article.
>
> So the "save as" should just be popping up if you're trying to look at a
> multipart with three or more parts -- if this is broken, let me know
> which articles I can duplicate the buggy behavior with.

well it's hard to say ... no subject line as mentioned before if I do 'h' to
load the headers, shifts everything down an inch but displays no new data.
So I can't give you an article subject or Message-ID :-(

I can't imagine what is wrong.

brian
---
All progress is the work of fanatics
All fanatics are the work of progress
  1:00pm  up 31 days, 14:58,  6 users,  load average: 0.99, 0.97, 0.94