pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Posting Binaries

From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Posting Binaries
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 13:12:06 -0600

On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 10:12:56AM -0800, Charles Kerr wrote:
<snip>
> The questions are, how to do these things:
>    * Is sfv support necessary?  Should it be integrated into Pan?
>    * Is par support necessary?  Should it be integrated into Pan?

having just learned about .par files the other day, and finding out how
really amazingly nifty they are; I heartily say 'Yes, .par support should be
integrated into pan'.

I don't know anything about .sfv files (yet).

I also believe that the integration should just use external tools, which
are called by pan, as much as possible. (and pop up a nice, friendly error
message that the tool doesn't exist/can't be found, if it doesn't find it).
but you knew that already, right? :)

Carl.
--
Systems Administrator