pan-users

address@hidden: Re: [Pan-users] GPG sigs? True filtering on all headers

From: Toby A Inkster
Subject: address@hidden: Re: [Pan-users] GPG sigs? True filtering on all headers and body targeted for when?]
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 07:59:36 +0000

See attached message

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
E-mail:   address@hidden
PGP:      http://www.goddamn.co.uk/tobyink/node.cgi?id=12
Web Page: http://www.goddamn.co.uk/tobyink/
IM:       AIM:inka80 ICQ:6622880 YIM:tobyink Jabber:address@hidden

Awright, which one of you hid my PENIS ENVY?
--- Begin Message --- Subject: Re: [Pan-users] GPG sigs? True filtering on all headers and body targeted for when?
On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 06:02:22PM -0700, Duncan wrote:
| Presumably, there's a way to use the executable sig generator mechanism to
| include a GPG signature, for verification purposes.

No there's not, but there is a way to use the "external editor" fo this
purpose. Create a file called ~/gpg_sign_editor.sh and fill it with the
following text:

#!/bin/sh

gpg --clearsign <$* >/tmp/gpg-sign-temp.txt
mv -f /tmp/gpg-sign-temp.txt $*

Now run "chmod +x ~/gpg_sign_editor.sh" to make it executable.

Set Pan to use this as your external editor. Now whenever you hit the
"Edit" button in the Pan composer, the message will be signed. Of course,
make sure signing the message is the ***last*** thing you do before
sending it. This is ***very*** important!!!

(This of course relies on GPG being properly set up)

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
E-mail:   address@hidden
PGP:      http://www.goddamn.co.uk/tobyink/node.cgi?id=12