pan-users

[Pan-users] Deleting old messages from local cache

From: Andres Salomon
Subject: [Pan-users] Deleting old messages from local cache
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 21:01:10 -0500

Is there any way in pan to "expire" old message headers (and bodies, if
downloaded) from the local cache?  Some of the groups I read (most
notably, gmane.linux.kernel, with its 70000 messages) take a few seconds
to load up (this is after the new message headers have been downloaded;
the panel is handling reading from disk, threading, etc).  I'd like to be
able to have message headers expire (and be deleted) from the local cache
after 3 or 6 months, automatically.  Obviously, these deleted messages
should not be re-downloaded when new message headers are downloaded.  Is
possible to configure pan to do this?