pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Needed feature

From: Fred Fraley
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Needed feature
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 12:14:01 -0500

On Saturday 14 December 2002 10:43, Gregg wrote:
> Thats the problem.  I have one.  So I cant keep up with the groups I like.
>  So when I do queue things up, my task list is over 1000 items every time.
>
> This feature will help a ton :)
>
> Gregg

        I can relate, I have broadband access to 4 servers each with a 360 meg
limit,
dialup access to a server w/o limits, and am into old radio shows and music.
When it's there I want to grab it while I can.
        The ideal for me would be to use my server lists more as an algorithm
list.
IOW, for "MUSIC/RADIO_BINARIES" show me the headers from Binaries or even
better a consolidated list of all four broadband servers.  When I mark them
for DL start with server Binaries, if body not there go to Anonymous, if not
there go to News2, if not there News, never dialup.
        For "HOBBIES/OTHER" use the reverse order since that usually doesn't
involve
binaries, and add Dialup at the end.  I want general retention over binary
retention.  For "POLITICS/PORN" use server Anonymous only since the
conspiracy really is watching every bit every I download :-)

        Now I am certain this is very simple to do, by, say, Friday?  I really
wish I
had time, you know, I'd do it for you, but I'm busy already, so...

        Fred