pan-users

[Pan-users] feature requests

From: Chris Petersen
Subject: [Pan-users] feature requests
Date: 29 Dec 2002 20:06:46 -0800

Something about pan has bugged me since I started using it instead of
NewsWatcher on my mac, but I could never quite put my finger on what it
was until just now...

Anyway, it's always kind of bothered me that pan resets to the top of
the article list when it finishes downloading new headers (it would be
much better to take note of the current "top" article and scroll down so
that one is still the first in the list).  This gets rather annoying
when I load a lengthy group, scroll halfway down (it would be nice to
have some kind of accelerators so control-scroll or whatever does more
than the default), only to have the list reset to the top when pan
finishes downloading a couple of new article headers.

Ok, so all of this aside, the main request here is to have some sort of
schedule.  NewsWatcher had a "check for new headers every X minutes"
preference, which other than convenience, has the added advantage of
being used to keep the news server connection from timing out.

However, now that I continue to think about this, the side-requests I
mentioned above would be much nicer and more useful than setting up a
scheduler.

I'll shut up and go back to work now.  :)

-Chris