pan-users

[Pan-users] Deleting articles takes forever.

From: Alen Williams
Subject: [Pan-users] Deleting articles takes forever.
Date: 30 Dec 2002 14:49:17 -0800

Hey, so I have a group that has about 500,000 articles in it
(a.b.multimedia) that haven't been upadted in a while. I want to delete
all the articles, but Pan is having issues! It IS still working, but
it's hogging about 85% of the CPU and is totally non responsive. I know
it's still working as other files are being downloaded, but I don't
understand why deleting articles would take so long? (over 30 minutes so
far).

Seems whenever you do anything in a group that has over 100,000 headers
PAN takes a looooong time to do anything.

Alen.