pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] PAN best newsreader under Linux but ...

From: Ade
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] PAN best newsreader under Linux but ...
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 11:17:15 +0000

Hi all,
this is my first post so apologies for any unintended breaches of list
netiquette.  I've searched the user-manual (didn't take long!) and the
archives of this list but I can't find the answer to my question so I'm
hoping some kind soul will help me out on the list.

I'm trying to access MP3 files from alt.binaries.sounds.* and am finding it
difficult.  I've worked out that you have to select "Don't save attachments"
for pan to save the attachments but I'm not sure how to assemble all the
parts into one mp3 file.  I tried cat and then downloaded & installed
yydecode which produces a short clip of sound.  I'm guessing this is the
contents of just one of the parts.

Apologies if I'm being thick but just how do I download useable, entire mp3s
from usenet?
I'm running pan 0.11.4 on RH7.1.

Many thanks in advance for your time.

Regards