pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] PAN best newsreader under Linux but ...

From: Stuart Pettie
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] PAN best newsreader under Linux but ...
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 12:44:32 +0000

On Tuesday 31 Dec 2002 11:17 am, Ade wrote:
> Hi all,
> this is my first post so apologies for any unintended breaches of list
> netiquette.  I've searched the user-manual (didn't take long!) and the
> archives of this list but I can't find the answer to my question so I'm
> hoping some kind soul will help me out on the list.
>
> I'm trying to access MP3 files from alt.binaries.sounds.* and am finding it
> difficult.  I've worked out that you have to select "Don't save
> attachments" for pan to save the attachments but I'm not sure how to
> assemble all the parts into one mp3 file.  I tried cat and then downloaded
> & installed yydecode which produces a short clip of sound.  I'm guessing
> this is the contents of just one of the parts.
>
> Apologies if I'm being thick but just how do I download useable, entire
> mp3s from usenet?
> I'm running pan 0.11.4 on RH7.1.
>
> Many thanks in advance for your time.
>
> Regards
>
> Ade

Ade

I am in the middle of transfering over to RedHat, so cant get to see what
files are being created.

But I use PAN to save the file parts as it downloads, and use PAR-archive &
RAR to process the file parts into a single file in the VCD groups.

I will have a look at the news group and get back to you.

If can be of any use feel free to email me @ address@hidden

Stuart