pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] OK/Cancel buttons in pop-ups.

From: Douglas Bollinger
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] OK/Cancel buttons in pop-ups.
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 19:05:53 -0500

On Tue, 31 Dec 2002 07:17:08 -0800
Charles Kerr <address@hidden> wrote:

> Yes, the new order is following the Gnome2 Human Interface Guidelines.
> All gtk2/gnome2 apps use the new button ordering.

Ya know, the first time I remember seeing a "No/Yes" combo box was in
Deluxepaint for the Amiga waaaay back in the late eighties.  Even then,
with my limited experience with GUI's, it felt backwards and every review
for the program I seen said it was wrong and silly.

Fast forward a decade plus, with tons of precedence for the Yes/No
ordering, and the Gnome 2 guys somehow decide that yes, Deluxepaint was
right, it's No/Yes from now on.  Gnome2 seems nice, but man, everytime I
see No/Yes box I grit my teeth.

I realize that Pan is correct for following the guidelines; I'm just
venting.

--
Kill Ugly Radio
- Frank Zappa