pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Filter "Show only my postings"

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Filter "Show only my postings"
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 07:56:54 -0700

On Thu 06 Mar 2003 03:50, Edith Gross posted as excerpted below:
> 1)
> How does this filter work? I mean, how is it reckognized whether an article
> was posted by me?

I'm not that into the code, but presumably by matching author strings with
your default news profile (or perhaps against all profiles).  Keep in mind it
works before the actual articles are d/led, so all it has to go on is the
x-over data.

> 2)
> Can I make Pan to show the /whole/ /thread/ if it contains at least one
> article by me?

Yes.  The top section of the filters menu has the choices for that.. match
only the single articles, match articles and replies, match articles and
those it references, match entire thread.

Of course, the other settings also apply, so for instance, you can choose to
view only unread articles, all articles, or only read articles, those cached
vs uncached, those with attachments vs not, etc. all in the context of
articles posted by you.

--
Duncan
Benjamin Franklin