pan-users

[Pan-users] Can't download binaries

From: David Anderson
Subject: [Pan-users] Can't download binaries
Date: 17 Mar 2003 19:01:17 -0000

Hello all,

I haven't investigated this problem very thoroughly just yet, but I figured I'd post a note here first in case I was missing something obvious.

I had Red Hat 8 install Pan for me (I don't recall the version # off hand; I'm not at that computer right now). I ran Pan and tried downloading some files off a binary newsgroup. The files seem to transfer (you can see the download speed, progress bar, etc.), but when the download appears to be done, the files are no where to be found. The first strange thing is that there was no /home//News/pan folder. I looked in the Pan preferences and the download folder was indeed set to that location. I went ahead and created the folders manually. I exited Pan, restarted, and tried downloading again. Still no files. I logged in as root and searched the whole hard drive for those files - they aren't there! Really strange.

The only files I've tried to download are Yenc files. I haven't tried other types yet. Also, I opened the task activity window to see what was happening there. It seems once the download "finishes", it states 'Retries 1' for that file and seems to start over again.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

-Dave