pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Downloading headers

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Downloading headers
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 14:55:59 -0700

On Sat 22 Mar 2003 13:41, David Anderson posted as excerpted below:
> Why is it when I'm downloading new headers in Pan, none of them display
> until the entire headers download is finished?  Is there any way to show
> the new headers as they're being downloaded?

** PLEASE KILL THE HTML FORMATTING!!  If it isn't worth reading in plain text
only, it isn't worth reading.  HTML is for spammers and crackers, and newbies
that don't know better.**

As for your question, this is, I believe, due to the filtering that PAN does,
post d/l, pre-display.  It's actually much faster to not display headers
until they are finished d/ling, rather than having to update the display
repeatedly for d/ling, and again for filtering.

--
Duncan
Benjamin Franklin