pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Reverting to last session's task list

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Reverting to last session's task list
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 16:48:53 -0700

On Sun 20 Apr 2003 09:01, Michael A Chase posted as excerpted below:
> When I start Pan I often get a pop-up titled "Question" with the
> text "Pan appears to have crashed or been killed the last time it was
> run.  Do you want to revert to the last session's task list?".  This
> happens whether the last shutdown was normal or not.
>
> It appears that ~/.pan/data/tasks.xml is not always being removed
> during a normal shutdown.  I have been careful to make sure the task
> counter at the bottom of the window is 0 before I shutdown, but I have
> not always checked for tasks.xml before starting.  Naturally, now that
> I am, I haven't seen the pop-up again.
>
> OS: Redhat Linux 2.4.18-27.8.0
> Pan 0.13.93 from RPM

I've noticed that as well.  Occasionally the dialog will popup even when all
tasks were done the last time.  I haven't bothered to investigate, but did
figure it was due to the existence of that file from following the list.

I'm wondering if certain types of failed tasks are not removed from the list
properly..

I don't know that I've seen it on 0.13.94 yet, but then I didn't switch to it
immediately, either, as I was busy recovering from a failed NVidia driver
upgrade that hosed KDE, and haven't been on it that long.

--
Duncan
Benjamin Franklin