pan-users

[Pan-users] Virtuell newsgroups and concurrent connections

From: Christel & Dr. Frank Biendara
Subject: [Pan-users] Virtuell newsgroups and concurrent connections
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 19:21:53 +0200

Hello,

I'm new on the list, so let my introduce myself. My name is Frank, I'm 35. I live in Germany and I'm new in this Linux stuff ;) but I'm experienced in Windows (not only as a simple user.

Normally I use Web forums so fogive me if I do something wrong within this mailing list.

In Windows I use newspro and I loved this baby. There are two main features I like:

1) The concept of the virtuell newsgroup. It's very simple. It's only a group of newsgroup you can handle like one. For expample you can download all new headers at one time, you see all the messages from the included newsgroups in the same way as it were one big newsgroup.

2) Another simple point. In Pan you can etsablish only four connections to one server at the same time. Sometimes this is not enough for me. I cannot use the whole bandwith. My provider gives me the chance to establish up to 8 connections.

Now my question. What do you think about these features. Is a virtuell newsgroup a good idea and will there be a way to establish more than 4 conections a time?

Let my end with my best wishes for this fantstic product. Pan is great.

Best Regards.

Frank