pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Suggestion, re large groups

From: Nathan Morell
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Suggestion, re large groups
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2003 01:01:28 -0500

ya, only sounds like 30 lines or so :P
hahah, ya sounds great to me. But like a helluva lot of work

Charles Kerr wrote:

On Wed, Jul 02, 2003 at 11:53:22PM -0400, Johan Ovlinger wrote:

People (myself among them) have lamented the horrible performance of the gtk2
widgets when faced with 10k item lists.  Not much pan can do about that,
without getting hands very dirty in toolkit internals.  But we can shorten the
lists:  I was thinking that most groups that have such large numbers of items
will be binary groups, with multi-multi-part posts.  Pan already combines
multipart posts: why not automatically thread multi-multi-parts?

huh? whadaya think? huh? huh?

I think a patch would be welcomed. ;)