pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] ANN: Pan 0.14.0.90 - "Face-down once more on the greasy

From: Torstein Sunde
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] ANN: Pan 0.14.0.90 - "Face-down once more on the greasy boardwalk of love"
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 19:51:40 +0200

Brian Morrison wrote:
> I find that I get a large number of errors which say things like:
>
> Wed, 09 Jul 2003 09:06:50 - (Null) - file article.c: line 1056
> (article_is_valid): assertion `*a->message_id.str =='<'' failed
> Wed, 09 Jul 2003 09:06:50 - Pan skipped 46 corrupt headers from the
> local cache for group "alt.cellular.ericsson".
> Wed, 09 Jul 2003 09:06:50 - You may want to empty this group and
> download fresh headers.
>
> If I download new headers again it is OK until I leave the group and
> return, all the previously unread articles vanish and I just see the
> new articles that my news server has since the previous Pan run.

I have the same problem on Mandrake 9.0, but not on Mandrake 9.1.
I'm using exactly the same package on both distros; oddly enough it's
built on Mandrake 9.0.  (It's the RPM I've contributed to the
Pan website.)

However, when returning to a group (alt.test) *some* (just a few) of
the previous articles were still there, not only new ones.

Since the same RPM shows different behaviour between two distro
releases, I wonder if this might be a library issue?