pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] pan 0.14.0.90 - head retrieval

From: Alen Williams
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] pan 0.14.0.90 - head retrieval
Date: 16 Jul 2003 09:31:16 -0700

On Tue, 2003-07-15 at 19:41, Kevin wrote:
> I know I tend to have problems no one else has, but I have another one.  :)
>
> In the latest PAN, if I download headers, then select delete all articles in
> group, the next time PAN retrieves the articles, I get the old ones back up
> too.  It seems to be happening 75% of the time, but not all groups.  Anyone
> else seeing this?

Yep, I'm seeing this one too. It only seems to happen after Pan is first
started.

So, to reproduce this fault:

Select a group (10,000 articles in the group, for example)
Delete all articles.
Restart Pan.
Group is now shown as having 0 articles...
Hit A to fetch new articles.
Pan then loads 10,000 articles that you previously deleted, THEN
downloads the new headers.
Article count is now 10,000 + whatever new ones you just downloaded.

If after this you delete all the headers then reload new ones again, it
doesn't happen. So it seems some flag is being ignored the first time
you download new headers... Subsequently it's fine, but for the first
time...

Alen.