pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Whish: better handling of 502 errors

From: Bobby D. Bryant
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Whish: better handling of 502 errors
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 01:26:21 -0600

On 2003.07.15 13:18, Nicolas Girard wrote:

I've just opened the bug #117496:

In case of 502 error (too much downloaded), the following behaviour is
to be expected:
- Close all remaining connections to the related server
- Retry to connect and execute the pending tasks 3 of 4 hours later
  (i meant *every* 3/4 hours)

This is motivated by the assumption that the only people to which
such errors occur have quotas associated to their news servers

An elegant if complicated solution would be to provide a preference to allow people to map behaviors onto errors. I would like to immediately delete articles that give the "bad article number" error (423, IIRC), but most others I would like to retry after a few minutes. (I use a dial-up connection that isn't particularly reliable.)

--
Bobby Bryant
Austin, Texas