pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] locking messages

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] locking messages
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 07:03:05 -0700

On Tue 29 Jul 2003 04:42, ar posted as excerpted below:
> I'd like propose a feature (if it is not already there).
>
> Coming from Forte Agent there is the ability to mark a message with a lock
> so that it can't be deleted and remains permanently in the displayed list
> of messages for a group (until the lock is removed).
>
> Makes it easier to track threads one is interested in. I am using watch
> thread but they still seem to disappear if there aren't any updates to it.

That would be a feature that'd come in handy here, as well..  I'll often mark
a message unread, to reply to later when I have the energy to parse it
properly and reply with the depth and research it deserves.  However, they
occasionally disappear b4 I get to them, and/or I mistakenly view them and
forget to mark them unread again, so they get lost in the mass of read
messages..  Having the message lock feature would be a very useful way to
avoid this problem.

I've seen others use it for archiving messages of interest they don't want to
lose.  However, I prefer to mail those to myself, keeping everything of that
nature in one place in my mail client, which is designed to keep messages
around in archives, while PAN isn't..  (Also.. since I'm usually running
closer to bleeding edge beta and am considering switching to CVS if I can
make it work, with PAN, that's not the best environment for permanent storage
of messages!  <g>)

--
Duncan - List replies preferred.
Benjamin Franklin