pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Do not find send.later

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Do not find send.later
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2003 04:42:02 -0700

Torstein Sunde posted
<address@hidden>, excerpted below,
 on Wed, 08 Oct 2003 22:09:34 +0200:

> It looks like the problem arises as a combination of:
>
> 1. Using a email client (or newsreader, when using Gmane) that either
> threads on subject, or shows a new thread when the subject changes.
>
> 2. Gmane stripping the "[Pan-users]" prefix from the subject.  When
> replying from Gmane, the mailing list server will add this prefix
> _before_ "Re:", which will appear like a change of subject.  This is
> probably also the reason why you see many replies with multiple
> occurences of "Re:" in the subject, and "Re:" both before and after
> "[Pan-users]".  For this reply, my email client actually wants to use
> this subject:
>   "Re: [Pan-users] RE: Re: Do not find send.later"

Ahh!  THAT's why the repeated "re"s!  Very good detective work there!  Of
course, w/ the "[Pan-users]" stripped here on gmane, I didn't have the
rest of the puzzle pieces to finish the puzzle, but you did, and found the
missing pieces for another puzzle I'd been wondering about at the same
time!

Thanks!

Benjamin Franklin