pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Re: Bold Header Pane

From: Lenroc
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Re: Bold Header Pane
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 18:12:46 -0700

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 01:13:22 +0100, Vigil wrote:

> I have 'Download new headers when loading a group' enabled only. The
> problem is not with the downloading of headers, but rather with Pan
> thinking that I have browsed a group when I haven't.

But it will only think that you have browsed a group when you download
it's headers.

Maybe are you using the button "Download New Headers in Subscribed Groups"?

If you press that button once, and get 30 new headers in a group that you
had previously marked all read, then press the button again 20 minutes
later and get 10 new headers, then upon loading the group, you will see a
lot of read messages, 30 unread but not 'new' messages, and 10 unread and
'new' messages.

If, on the other hand, you had not hit that button, but instead clicked on
the group when you were ready to browse it, you'd see 40 unread new
messages.

I think that all you need to do to get Pan to act the way you want is not
download headers for a group unless you are ready to read them. ;)

--
Lenroc