pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Re: Bold Header Pane

From: Vigil
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Re: Bold Header Pane
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 13:58:30 +0100 (BST)

Imagine that I have not pressed any buttons, not downloaded any headers, and Pan
isn't set to download anything until I click on a group.

>But it will only think that you have browsed a group when you download it's
>headers.

It thinks I have opened/browsed all groups in the previous session. I can open
and close Pan many times throughout the day, without looking at any groups,
without it downloading any headers. When I open Pan finally to read messages,
only those messages that have new posting dates since the last instance of Pan
was opened, are bold. Well, I haven't looked at any groups throughout the day,
so they should all be bold.

(I have Pan set to download new headers only when I click on a group.)

>If, on the other hand, you had not hit that button, but instead clicked on the
>group when you were ready to browse it, you'd see 40 unread new messages.

But only those that have been posted since I last opened Pan are bold.

>I think that all you need to do to get Pan to act the way you want is not
>download headers for a group unless you are ready to read them. ;)

That is what I am doing, but Pan seems to think that I read all groups every
time I use it, and only shows new-since-last-Pan-session messages bold :-)

--

.