pan-users

[Pan-users] [Fwd: Pan and Microsoft SPA]

From: Brian D. Ropers-Huilman
Subject: [Pan-users] [Fwd: Pan and Microsoft SPA]
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 17:18:37 -0600

I've done some follow-up work on this and have discovered:

There is a routine in nntp.c called nntp_spa_authenticate but from what I can tell, this code is never called. It is probably not called because there is no control setup to decide whether to call it or not (like a "This server requires SPA authentication" checkbox).

Is this a bug? PAN is an awesome newsreader an has claimed since it's 0.11.x days to have SPA authentication. Well, it does, but it's never executed! I'm going to send this and immediately head to the Bugzilla and do some digging or reporting.