pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] This is not a psychotic episode. It's a cleansing moment

From: Brian D. Ropers-Huilman
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] This is not a psychotic episode. It's a cleansing moment of clarity.
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 12:50:45 -0600

You're welcome.

No, there is no on-the-fly way to change this. Typically things like version strings and the like are hard coded at compile-time. I know that Konqueror and others offer the ability to change headers sent back to servers, but this is something Pan has apparantly not chosen to implement as of yet.

Anselme wrote:
Actually, I wasn't trying to be tongue-in-cheek about that. I was serious. See below:

(...)

It works, thank you :)

But at first I was more wondering if there is a "normal way" to do it,
some configuration files or some things like that ...

It sounds that no, since it's hard-coded ?

--
Brian D. Ropers-Huilman  ::  Systems Administrator  ::  AIX / Linux
Office of Computing Services                     (225) 578-0461 (V)