pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Major Pan Trouble

From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Major Pan Trouble
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 12:08:33 -0600

On 12/11 08:22 , Paul Trevethan wrote:
> I am trying to run Pan v0.14.2-0 under
> Suse9.0/XFce4 and I have a major major problem. Every time I exit the
> program (which works fine while I am in it) it REBOOTS my machine with a
> warm boot!!

have you checked your system logs? try adding a line like:
*.debug         /var/log/syslog

to your /etc/syslog.conf; restart syslog (/etc/init.d/syslog restart); and
then when the box dies again, check that logfile to see if there's anything
in there.

you could also try starting pan from a terminal window, with some of the
debug options turned on, redirect those to a logfile ( pan
--whatever-debug-option 2> pan-2003-12-11.log), and see if anything
meaningful goes in there.

Carl Soderstrom.
--
Systems Administrator