pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Pan-users Digest, Vol 16, Issue 1

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Pan-users Digest, Vol 16, Issue 1
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 08:13:53 -0700

Steve Lombardi posted
<address@hidden>,
excerpted below,  on Mon, 01 Mar 2004 22:43:04 -0500:

> Let's say I subscribe to a lot of "pictures" groups, and I'm trying to
> kill dirty stuff.  So, taken from my old xnews score.ini and "converted"
> (I think) to pan syntax:
>
> [pictures|photo]
> Score: =-9999
>     Subject: boobs
>     Subject: sex
>
> However, although Pan says "Scoring Articles", I still see articles that
> should have been killed.  What am I missing here?

I don't know if PAN does multiple same-header sort lines or not.  If not,
given that it's /supposed/ to be xnews compatible, I'd consider it a bug,
if xnews allows that.  I've never tried..

Thus, you may need to combine that into one regex including line like so,
which should work:

[pictures|photo]
Score: =-9999
    Subject: boobs|sex

That may or may not need to be enclosed in parenthesis.. as in
(boobs|sex).. don't know for sure.

Or, split it up into multiple filters, one action per filter, as in:

[pictures|photo]
Score: =-9999