pan-users

[Pan-users] Strange line counts

From: Brian Morrison
Subject: [Pan-users] Strange line counts
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 23:01:39 +0000

I've noticed a few posts in alt.sysadmin.recovery where the poster seems
to manage to have two headers paired, in other words they are there
twice (shades of Catch 22!).

One of these is Lines: and the other is X-cache:

When this happens Pan decides that the actual number of lines in the
article is somewhere about 57224 lines, even when the true number is 11.

Granted that this is a malformed article, but I wonder if anyone
considers this worth fixing, or at least working around in some way. It
should be obvious that two headers that are simply duplicated and
otherwise identical can be treated as one header. If there are two that
are different then that is a different sort of problem.

Thoughts?

--

Brian Morrison

bdm at fenrir dot org dot uk