pan-users

[Pan-users] Environment variables for executable .signatures

From: Toby A Inkster
Subject: [Pan-users] Environment variables for executable .signatures
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 12:24:54 +0000

Hey all,

I think it would be cool if PAN set a few useful environment variables
before running executable .signature files.

Specifically, I'd like to see:

        PAN_NEWSGROUPS - the list of newsgroups to which the message is being
        sent.

        PAN_GROUP - the newsgroup (singular!) currently being read.

        PAN_MESSAGE_ID - the message ID of the message being composed.

        PAN_REFERENCES - the "References" header of the message being composed.

Though I'm sure other people might find other ones handy.

These could be useful for:

(a) different signatures for different newsgroups; and
(b) "View this entire thread on Google Groups" URL in your signature.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS