pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Clearing the Cache

From: jef_e
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Clearing the Cache
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 20:19:24 -0400

Michael wrote:

On a parting note, does Pan not decode BinHex or MacBinary files? I'm having some issues with those now, and I don't think it's user error. When I save them for download just like everything else, they download, but there's no resulting file. I'm guessing that these files don't work in Pan. Any thoughts on this?

Glad you are getting the hang of things. Just keep on top of those large groups and things will be fine. :)

Pan does not handle BinHex or MacBinary files, at least natively. I haven't done it in a while, but you can save the text, and manually decode the posts, but I always found that to be a pain in the rear. I know a few people in the past have asked for it. Charles and the team always welcome patches, and I think a few years back someone might have even mentioned taking on the task -- but it never came to anything. (I could be hallucinating about this part, tho)

I always kept a copy of MT-NW or Thoth around on my old G3 if I needed to access any Mac groups.

        jef