pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Is it possible to change the language used by the spellc

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Is it possible to change the language used by the spellchecker
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 06:37:57 -0700

Nicolas Cavigneaux posted <address@hidden>,
excerpted below,  on Tue, 01 Jun 2004 08:45:29 +0200:

> On Mon, 31 May 2004 07:44:29 -0700, Duncan wrote:
>
>> I'll be looking forward to seeing them "coming to a PAN version near me!"
>> <g>  Altho I've been compiling my own PAN from tarball for awhile, and am
>> now working on switching from Mandrake to Gentoo, where I compile
>
> Gentoo is a very good choice :-)

It is.. but it's slow going.. but I'm learning A LOT!! and would have it
no other way!

(When I decided to switch from MSWormOS to Linux -- Mandrake -- I got
O'Reilly's "Running Linux", read it nearly cover2cover, all 600-ish pages,
and was not only running a self-compiled kernel, but had customized my
XF86Config for triple monitor/xinerama, AND had customized my lilo.conf to
allow me to choose to boot /dev/hdc from the BIOS as /dev/hda, and THEN
switch the order back so the REAL /dev/hda was seen as hda again.. all
BEFORE I'd even chosen a mail app under Linux, so I was still booting to
MSWormOS to do mail.  I knew what I wanted and wasn't going to settle for
less, unless it wasn't possible, and then I was going to know WHY
it wasn't possible, difficult tho it was for a newbie to do all that.
That's /exactly/ the way I'm now approaching Gentoo, so yes, it's slow
going, but as back then, when I get it all working, I'll either have it
working MY way, or know definitely WHY that is NOT possible.  <g>  It was
interesting to be already helping folks on the user group that have been
using Gentoo for some time, while I had barely more than a (finally)
bootable system, tho it's coming along now.)

Benjamin Franklin