pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: [0.14.2.91] No signature?

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: [0.14.2.91] No signature?
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 04:23:32 -0700

Chill posted <address@hidden>, excerpted below,  on Mon, 04
Oct 2004 10:20:15 +0200:

> Even though I do have a signature file, Pan doesn't add it... any idea
> why and what I can do about it?

Check its permissions.  If it's executable, PAN tries to execute it,
allowing you to use a fortune program to change your sig, among other
things.  If not, it should add it as text.  If it's on a FAT partition or
some such, where perms are partition-wide, you can simply use cat, as in
"cat /path/to/sigfile".  I had the problem for awhile with an old PAN
version that treated all sigs as executable, IIRC, and used cat to get
around the problem.  I only took it out recently.

Benjamin Franklin