pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: [0.14.2.91] No signature?

From: Chill
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: [0.14.2.91] No signature?
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 15:48:11 +0200

Hello Duncan,

First of all: Thank you for your answer.

Duncan wrote:

 Check its permissions. If it's executable, PAN tries to execute it,
 allowing you to use a fortune program to change your sig, among other
 things.

Haha! it was on a FAt partition and made executable. Even though I tried to remove the executable, it reappeared... I tried to move it on a Linux partition and remove the executable and it works :-)

Thanks.

 If not, it should add it as text. If it's on a FAT
 partition or some such, where perms are partition-wide, you can
 simply use cat, as in "cat /path/to/sigfile".

I don't understand this one: I tried to put: cat /home/chill/mnt/MIKKEL/globeTrotter/Underskrift/nytestamente.org.txt in the place where I usually give the signature file, but it didn't change anything...

You know why?

--
Amicalement,

Chill

http://www.malka.com -=- http://www.voupti.com

... I intend to live forever - so far, so good.