pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Fit image to Window

From: Chris Game
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Fit image to Window
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 18:07:29 +0100

"Duncan" wrote:

As it got better, it quickly gained popularity, thus
creating an update dilemma, chance breaking what was
after all never intended to be "final" code, and leaving
stranded all those users, in ordered to continue to advance,
or advance much more cautiously due to all those users
potentially left in the lurch, slowing down development to
the point where the original goal became essentially
impossible, and becoming much more "work" supporting a
slower advancing application, than "fun" developing features
until feature complete, without worrying so much about bugs
right away, particularly those affecting a small segment of
the user base that with such popularity is never-the-less a
lot of people.

Well if all open-source software was developed for 'fun' not
'work' in the way you describe, Microsoft has nothing to
worry about! I'm a short-time Pan user (only about three
weeks) but even I can see several irritations and niggles
that prevent news browsing being as enjoyable as it is with
other newsreaders. Unfortunately none of them are available
on Linux/KDE!!

Regds, Chris Game.