pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Fit image to Window

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Fit image to Window
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 01:47:24 -0700

Duncan posted <address@hidden>, excerpted below,
on Thu, 21 Oct 2004 16:40:36 -0700:

> If you haven't and are decent at scripting, I'd consider creating
> bash/perl/python/whatever scripts to do the more common posts with the
> more common command line parameters.  Then you only have to invoke a
> perhaps 2-4 letter script name, pointed at (for instance) the dir with the
> binaries you wish to post, and it'll do the rest.

Here's another possibility for the scripters.  Create a script that uses
a third party app such as yEncoder or whatever, to add a binary to a post
as created from PAN, such that it can be initiated from the external
editor command.  I haven't read of anyone doing specifically that, but I
DID read of someone using the external editor command to feed the post to
gpg for signing, such that when it returned to PAN it was already signed
and ready for posting.

I've suggested this before, but apparently nobody has been good enough at
scripting and interested enough to do it, or if they were, they didn't
reply with the script so others could use it too, as would have been cool.
I'm semi-decent at bash scripting anyway, so maybe one of these days I'll
try it myself.  If I do, you may be certain that I'll post the result for
others that may wish to use it.  Anybody else that gets the itch to do it
before I do, go right ahead!  I'll be glad to use your script rather than
bother creating my own! <g>

Benjamin Franklin