pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Is this a Pan or News Server issue?

From: Michael A. Peters
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Is this a Pan or News Server issue?
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 16:46:02 -0800

On Mon, 2005-12-19 at 20:43 +0000, Steven Cook wrote:
> Thanks Jim, I'm fairly sure it's the newsserver, but some of the posts
> that are missing are as far back as a week ago, and still don't appear
> anywhere other than when I view the groups via Tera! If thats par for
> the course for Tera I'll think I'll ditch them!

I use usenet monster - it's pretty cheap.
Less than $5.00 /mo (I don't do much binary downloading - mostly just
reading comp.text.tex and comp.fonts and comp.graphics.apps.gnuplot) -
so their cheapest plan is sufficient.

They don't let you post until you've downloaded a certain amount - as a
spammer prevention - but I e-mailed them and within a few hours they had
me hooked up to post.

But anyway - whether that one or another, the non-free services are
really cheap.