pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Can Pan whitelist authors?

From: Lenny Nero
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Can Pan whitelist authors?
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 21:58:42 +0000

Jim Henderson  said:

> On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 13:42:59 -0500, Beartooth SenectoFlatuloid wrote:
>
>> Maybe it can; I have never gotten my mind around the intricacies of
>> rules, scores, and other such things too fierce to mention. But I can
>> plonk a writer; can I do the opposite?
>>
>> If there isn't a simple-minded way to do that, may I request it as a
>> feature, against the day development resumes? (Or resumes visibility --
>> all hail the developers!)
>
> The way I do this is to create a filter that matches the users I want to
> whitelist, and then create a rule that uses that filter and watch the
> thread or assign a score to the users that match the filter.
>
> Jim

Use the score file, I have ppl I read|reply to scored around numbers, NSP
admins I have to converse with in low sig2noise groups are 6500 [so there
are 6496,7,8,9...so on] and like that. The score file is one of the single
best part of pan.

Use filters to do cleaning up and general stuff and the score can be fine
tuned over time to really make groups easy to read.

L.

--
Want to help to keep the best free usenet servers running ?
http://www.readfreenews.com