pan-users

[Pan-users] bug in group selection

From: Kevin Brannen
Subject: [Pan-users] bug in group selection
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 21:31:32 -0600

In the current CVS code, there seems to be a bug in the group selection code. I had a subscribed group which seemed to have problems, so the obvious solution seemed to be to remove the group then re-add it. That seemed like it would remove the corruption in the Pan files (I'm guessing the cache was the problems but this a complete guess and probably wrong).

So I highlighted the group, picked "Delete Group". It was gone. So far so good.

Then I change the group selecter from "Subscribed" to "All Groups" and in the find text entry I entered part of the group name to re-subscribe. Alas, that group does not show up anymore for me to highlight and subscribe!

A grep of the ~/.pan dir does not show me a file listing groups subscribed, to be ignored, or any other simple list, so I'm not sure how to recover from that.

Interestingly enough, the group does still show up in the ~/.pan/SERVER_sub.dat file; that surprised me. I'm tempted to edit it out, but I don't think I'll tempt fate just yet. :-)

HTH someone...
Kevin