pan-users

[Pan-users] Updated request list (0.96 as patched)

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Updated request list (0.96 as patched)
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 18:47:06 +0000 (UTC)

Back with 0.93, I posted a request list.  Here's an update, MUCH shorter
now, and all the critical issues gone! =8^)  I'm actually posting this to
the group/list with 0.96, as patched with the missing groups patch. =8^)
This is the first time new-pan has been usable enough to get as far as

1)  Auto-expand all threads preferences toggle.  BTW, just figured
out the plus/minus keyboard method for individual threads, and how shift
modifies it with either the keyboard or the mouse.  Cool! =8^)

2)  Customizable keyboard accels?  I know others might not use it that
much, but I commonly toggled view only unread, commonly enough to assign
it the "r" key, and to miss that functionality now.  The button is nice,
but when my hand is on the keyboard not the mouse...

3)  Download to cache without immediately opening?  (Thanks for the
configurable cache size, now how do I bulk download to it for later
viewing, without reading now or saving?)  In old-pan, I had the "download"
action assigned the F1 key, easy to find at the top-left of the
keyboard, since I used it so much.

4)  Groupable group list.  Adding my request to the others.  When the
organization was per server, it was an easy matter to keep my text groups
separate from my image groups, separate from my music groups, separate
from... by simply setting up separate logical servers, even if some of
them pointed to the same physical server.  Combined multi-server handling
is wonderful, but the groups need to be groupable.