pan-users

[Pan-users] Couple more bugs (0.96): group list update and window class

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Couple more bugs (0.96): group list update and window class
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 20:26:49 +0000 (UTC)

Here's a couple more bugs.

1)  It appears the group list update function sometimes duplicates group
entries in the newsrc files.  I now have two of every group listed, with
groups exclusive to different servers affected, so it's not a server
problem.

As best I can tell, if there are new groups, pan will duplicate entries
for the subscribed groups.  Trying another update doesn't give me three
sets of entries, still the two, so it doesn't reduplicate them either when
there's already two entries or more likely, when there's no difference
between the current list and the new list (the servers haven't added any
groups since the last update).  The newsrc files seem to have duplicate
entries.  I could of course weed them out manually, but that wouldn't kill
the bug.  I can post a sample newsrc (from gmane, one of the affected
servers, so should be easily verifiable) with the duplicates, if needed.

2)  Should be an easy fix (I think)!  I had my window manager (kwin) set to
enforce maximize on the old pan main window.  With the new pan, the main
window, tasks window, posting window, etc, all have the same exact window
class (pan Pan) and a blank window role, making it extremely difficult to
set the main window to maximize, without likewise having the various other
windows that I prefer normalized, end up maximized as well.  AFAIK, the
whole window class is supposed to be different for the different windows,
and there should be a distinct window role.  With 0.14.x, the main window
had a distinct window role of "pan-main-window", so it was easy to set
/just/ the main window to maximize.