pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] ANN: Pan 0.101 "A pulse of dying power in a clenching pl

From: Mike Houwers
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] ANN: Pan 0.101 "A pulse of dying power in a clenching plastic fist."
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 14:08:40 -0400

Well, whatever problem I was having downloading binaries appears to be
resolved, one way or another. No problems at all compiling and running
under Windows 2000 by following the README.mingw directions. No code
changes at all needed - just untar, build and run.

Downloading a test binary seemed to work fine. (It had been reporting
"Error reading from socket: Invalid byte sequence in conversion
input".)

The only issue I ran into (which is not a big deal, but it might help
someone) is that I had to delete everything in my .pan2 directory
(where all the config files live). Before I did that, it would appear
to download headers, but nothing would show in the headers pane.
Playing around with the filtering options didn't change anything.
After I deleted the .pan2 directory and reconfigured everything, all
was well.

Again, not reporting this as a bug, but it may help someone who runs into this.

Thanks again to all for the hard work.

mike

(The HTML posting should be fixed now. I slammed my ears in the oven
door as penance, and fixed the options in Gmail.)