pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: VDQ 0.119 : forward -- how??

From: Beartooth
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: VDQ 0.119 : forward -- how??
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 21:43:27 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 21:06:58 +0000, Duncan wrote:

> There doesn't have to be a direct forward option.  You just use followup
> (or reply to author if you prefer), and change the content of the
> newsgroups and mailto header boxes as desired, in this case deleting the
> existing content from both, and putting whatever address you are forwarding
> to in the mailto header box.

I had tried that; tried it again. It wanted to open a terminal and run
Pine (the only mailer I consider worth an electron) -- with six or eight
lines of gibberish in the To: field, yet.

Scrubbed that. Edited preferences -- it was taking Pine from Gnome. All I
could find to do was tell it Custom, and them leave the app blank. Tried
again. It did nothing, afaict.

I keep pine open all the time -- on a remote machine, under ssh. There may
be hotshots here who could write a script to make it get into that, and
start a message there; but I'd be incompetent even to run it. Besides,
nine times out of eleven, that's the address I want to forward *to*.

Why can't it just mail it off transparently, using some mailer I don't
have to see, and closing that afterward? It used to.

I'm sorry, but this seems to me decidedly what the Germans call a
Verschlimmbesserung -- lousing something up by trying to fix what
ain't broke.

Any hope of getting the old way back? Or is there a workaround??

Fedora Core 6; CXO 5.0.1; Pine 4.64, Pan 0.119; Privoxy 3.0.3;
Dillo 0.8.6, Galeon 2.0.3, Epiphany 2.16, Opera 9.02, Firefox 1.5